My constant boast is God.
I can never thank you enough!”
Psalm 44:8 TLB
“How was your week?” a friend asked me at church last Sunday.
“Awful,” I said as I began sharing the details of my stressful week.
He interrupted me. “Well, did anything good happen? Isn’t there anything you’re thankful for?”
Ouch! It had been a tough week – a week where I’d been focused on the problems rather than on the Lord and the many, many reasons I had to be thankful. This week hasn’t been any easier. But then Jesus never said it would be easy to follow Him. What He has promised is always to be with us.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.”
Psalm 91:4 NLT
- Thank You, Father, for Your promises.
- Thank You for the problems (yes, I know it’s better to call them “challenges”) that cause me to need to rely upon You.
- Help me to thank You for my computer especially when it exasperates me. It enables me to do so much more than the manual typewriter I used years ago.
- Thank You for the opportunity to teach the “Grow Your Writing Ministry” day-long seminar in New Jersey March 25 even though the prep is taking far more time than I anticipated. Click here for more info and to register.
- Thank You that I live in a nation where I am still free to live and to write Your answer.
What about you, friends? Have you remembered to say “thank You”?
Hallelujah! Thank GOD! Pray to him by name!
Tell everyone you meet what he has done!”
Psalm 105:1 MSG
- Are problems (challenges) discouraging you? Are you battling self-doubts, writer’s block, rejection slips, procrastination? My book, Write His Answer – A Bible Study for Christian Writers, has 33 chapters of answers I found during my journey of publishing 9 books and making over 1,000 sales to Christian periodicals. And to my amazement it’s been in print for 25 years! Click here for excerpts and ordering info.
Yes, planning not one but two conferences is stressful, but thank You, Father, for all You are doing and will do.